Music can not be separated from human life. In daily activities, music is often an entertainment choice when we feel bored and bored. Various ways humans enjoy music. Most enjoy music through devices such as radios and CD-players, to the emergence of music player applications such as Spotify and Apple Music. Even so, the development of music players cannot be separated from Thomas Alva Edison. This is thanks to the services of Thomas A Edison who successfully developed the phonograph as a tool for recording and listening to sound from the recordings, on November 21, 1877.
What was the development of the music player after the invention of the phonograph? The following explanation:
1. Phonograph This tool was developed by Thomas Alva Edison in November 1877. This tool consists of an iron cylinder wrapped in
2. Gramophone The success of the phonograph makes the music device increasingly develop. Emile Berliner developed the technology in the form of a musical instrument that uses discs as a recording medium. This dish contains a song that rotates when played in a
3. AM / FM Radio Music continues to experience growth after the phonograph with the phonograph record, music can also be heard through the radio. In the 1900s, radio had announced its broadcast, but only related to war information. After World War I was over,
4. Cassette tape Music player continues to grow. After the arrival of
6. CD Player and Discman In the next period, technology is accompanied by the presence of a music player for discs or CD players. Just like an audio device that uses cassettes, the difference is this device uses discs and no longer plays sound from the tape. In addition to the CD player, Sony then updated the Walkman generation by releasing the CD Player in a portable device, namely Discman. In addition, compact disks are also transformed with smaller shapes which are often called minidisc.
7. MP3 Player, iPod, Applications This is a more modern music player technology. Formats of music that were stored on LPs, cassette tapes, and discs are now data in MP3 or WAV format. Now users do not need to carry large amounts of cassettes because the songs can be stored in the MP3 player. This device first appeared in 1998 under the name MP-Man which was presented by a Korean company. After that, another portable music player pops up in a more mini form. Apple then introduced the iPod in 2001. However, Apple did not use the MP3 format, generally using WAV. Now music can be enjoyed in various features and formats. The smartphone also presents several applications that are able to make music easier to enjoy, be it free or paid applications such as Spotify. Apple then released Apple Music, which allows users to download songs or albums for a fee.